Thursday, February 13, 2014

Protein Ice Cream Sandwiches

February is my "no unhealthy desserts" month. I like my dessert though, so I have been exploring new options to satisfy my sweet tooth. Last weekend I made 1 dozen Raw Carrot Cake Cupcakes which I still snack on for lunch a lot of times. But I really crave ice cream sometimes and ice cream is just not good for you lol so I thought...hmmm why not try making protein ice cream sandwiches. I already make resees cup protein pudding so I figured I could use the same pudding, put it between two belvita breakfast cookies and freeze them....voila! we have protein ice cream sandwiches!
BelVita Breakfast Biscuits: Cinnamon Brown Sugar
Here's my Ice Cream Sandwich Recipe :)

Ingredients:
  • 2 packages (8 cookies) belvita breakfast biscuits (I had cinnamon brown sugar ones on hand)
  • 1 scoop chocolate whey (optimum nutrition hydro builder)
  • 1 dollop peanut butter
  • 1 BIG dollop plain greek yogurt
  • a little bit of water...only enough to make your pudding a thick paste
Directions:
  • Mix up your protein pudding (all the above ingredients except the cookies)
  • You can either make big sandwiches(4 total) and not cut up the cookies, or make 8 smaller ones by cutting each cookie in half.
  • Spread your paste on a cookie (you want it pretty thick) and then top it with the other half
  • Freeze in a tupperware container or whatever your fancy. 
  • When theyre frozen and youre ready to eat them, take it out and let it sit for like 1 minute just to soften a tad and then gobble it up like its bad for you!

No comments:

Post a Comment