Friday, April 5, 2013

Banana Fosters Larabars

This is an original creation of mine. Ive seen recipes for banana bread larabars but I could never find one for the Banana Fosters Uber Larabars which are even better. So I looked at the ingredients on the back and minus the brown rice syrup which I used coconut oil for, I went ingredient for ingredient. Obviously they dont put measurements on them so I made up my own, and as usual, didnt measure as I put in(I really need to start learning to do that haha) but this again are guestimates. Anyways, they turned out fabulous, a little sweeter than I was expecting, so maybe next time not so much honey. But Im pretty proud of my creation.

Banana Fosters Larabars
  • 1/2 cup dried banana chips
  • 1/4 cup walnuts
  • 1/4 cup almonds
  • 1/4 cup pecans
  • 1/2 tsp cinnamon
  • 1/8 tsp sea salt
  • 1/4 cup coconut oil
  • 2 tbsp honey
  • Dates--this is where I really didnt measure, it was probably around 1.5 cups but I mainly just kept adding them until consistency was wet enough to stick together, so play around with it
Blend all the ingredients in a food processor, adding the dates last.
Press mixture into a waxed 8x8 pan and refrigerate a few hours before cutting
 Remove the wax paper from the pan before cutting, it makes life a lot easier haha
<-----the ingredients I took a picture of so I knew what to add haha

No comments:

Post a Comment