Friday, April 5, 2013

Crockpot Honey Sesame Chicken

And again with my cooking spree, only this time...LUNCH! I was really craving some chinese/asian food last night but was too poor to go out and get some(and too lazy haha) so I went for the every popular honey sesame chicken(I dont always actually add the sesame seeds, I feel theyre more for decoration haha)
Anyways, this recipe is REALLY easy to make and super delicious. Enjoy!

Crockpot Honey Sesame Chicken

Ingredients
  • 3 boneless, skinless chicken breast(season with salt and pepper)
  • 1/2 cup honey
  • 1/4 cup soy sauce
  • 1/4 diced onion
  • 1/8 cup ketchup
  • 1 tbsp olive oil
  • 1 clove garlic, minced
  • 1/4 tsp red pepper flakes(I used 1/2 tsp cause I like mine spicier)
  • 2 tbsp cornstarch dissolved in 3 tbsp water
  • Sesame seeds for topping
  • Quinoa, farro or rice for serving
 Directions
  • Place the seasoned chicken breasts in the crockpot
  • Combine all the other ingredients(minus the cornstarch) in a bowl and pour over top the chicken
  • Cook on low for 3-4 hours until the chicken just shreds apart(shred it)
  • Mix up the cornstarch with water and stir into mixture-this will thicken up your sauce
  • Serve over quinoa, farro or rice and top with sesame seeds

No comments:

Post a Comment