Friday, April 5, 2013

Black Bean Dark Chocolate Cookies

Ok ok ok, I should probably see a therapist. This is the FIFTH new recipe I have made today, and I still have one in the making for supper tonight. But I just HAD to share this one. Ive always seen the 'healthy black bean brownie' recipes people post and Ive tried a few of them and always didnt like them because I could still taste the beans in my opinion. But these...these are not brownies, and you canNOT taste the beans in them at all. I have a BAD chocolate tooth so it's pretty much included in my daily diet, but Im always trying to find healthier ways to indulge in my addiction, and these did just the trick!

Black Bean Dark Chocolate Cookies

Ingredients
  • 1/4 cup dark chocolate cocoa powder(I used Hersheys special dark)
  • 3 tbsp whole wheat flour
  • 1/2 cup sugar
  • 1 tsp baking powder
  • 1/2 tsp cinnamon
  • 1/2 tsp salt
  • 1-15oz can black beans, rinsed and drained
  • 2 tbsp milk
  • 2 tbsp creamy peanut butter
  • 2 tbsp olive oil
  • 1 tsp vanilla
  • 1/4 cup dark chocolate chips
Directions
  • Preheat oven to 375
  • In a food processor, blend together black beans, milk, peanut butter, oil and vanilla until smooth
  • Gradually add the remaining dry ingredients(not the choc chips), blending as you go
  • Fold in the chocolate chips
  • Drop by spoonfuls onto a baking sheet(I always use a silpat)
  • Bake for 14-15 mins
  • Let cool for a little bit before moving them to a cooling rack, the cookies are pretty soft.
  • Store in fridge

No comments:

Post a Comment