Friday, April 5, 2013

Coconut Cream Larabars

OMG! I cant believe I forgot to post this recipe! I make these things ALL THE TIME because they are frickin AMAZING! I didnt make them today, but I was talking to my mom and she was talking to me about them and it dinged my bell. Anyways, just try them, if you like coconut you are sure to LOVE these. I found the recipe on my whole food life blog and it is just amazing.

bars 2Coconut Cream Larabars
  • 30 Medjool dates
  • 1 cup almonds
  • 1 cup cashews
  • 1.5 cups shredded coconut
  • 4 tbsp coconut oil
  • 4 tbsp water
-Place nuts and coconut in a food processor and process until small chunks-fine consistency. Then add dates, coconut oil and water and process until all mixed in.
(My mom likes to process everything separately and then mix them all together in a bowl, either way is fine)
-Place a piece of wax paper in an 8x8 baking pan and then press the mixture into the pan. Put in fridge for a few hours to set and then cut into bars.

No comments:

Post a Comment