Friday, April 5, 2013

Pumpkin Banana Oatmeal Cookies

I love Fridays, I dont usually have class and so I get to catch up on studying, cleaning and my favorite, cooking. I like to make healthy snack foods like homemade lara bars, granola bars and even cookies. I make a batch or two and then freeze part of them so that I have stuff thats quick to grab for a midday snack throughout the next week or two. I havent made stuff in a few weeks and I ran out of snacky type foods this week so it was time to stock up. I went on a cooking spree this morning. I tried 3 new recipes and Im trying a 4th new one for dinner tonight. I will probably post all the recipes as I finish them but for now, pumpkin banana oatmeal cookies. As usual, I tend to make a half a batch of things the first time because I dont know if Ill like them or not....this recipe, I wish I would have made a DOUBLE batch. Im talking seriously good. I would make another batch except Im out of pumpkin. Ill have to get some when I go to the store tonight. Anyways, these cookies seriously are amazing and I will definitely make them over and over again. The awesome part? There isnt any pure sugar. They are sweetened with maple syrup and they are perfect. Ok, Ill stop raving about them and get to the recipe. Hope you love them just as much as I do!

Pumpkin Banana Oatmeal Cookies
Adapted from Oh She Glows

Ingredients
  • 1 Flax egg (2 tsp. ground flaxseed + 2 tbsp water)
  • 1 cup old-fashioned oats
  • 1 cup whole wheat flour
  • 1/2 tsp baking soda
  • 1/2 tsp baking powder
  • 2 tbsp chopped walnuts
  • 1/2 tsp sea salt
  • 1 tsp cinnamon
  • 2 tbsp carob nibs
  • 1 tsp vanilla extract
  • 1/2 cup maple syrup(I used 1/4c maple syrup + 1/4c agave)
  • 1 small banana, chopped
  • 3/4 cup canned pumpkin 
  • Shredded unsweetened coconut for sprinkling on top

Directions
  • Preheat oven to 375
  • Mix up your 'egg' and set aside
  • Combine dry ingredients in a medium bowl
  • Combine wet ingredients in a small bowl and then mix in egg
  • Add wet ingredients to dry ingredients and mix until a batter/dough forms
  • Place spoonfuls onto a silpat on a cookie sheet and then flatten out and shape into a cookie
  • Sprinkle with coconut
  • Bake in oven for 13 minutes
Makes about 18 cookies(my picture shows 8 because I made 1/2 batch and it made 9 cookies, I ate one before the picture....and then I ate another one after haha)

No comments:

Post a Comment