Sunday, February 2, 2014

New Year New Me February Challenge

Made it through the January challenge of at least 1 cup of veggies with lunch and dinner. Although there were a few times where this didnt happen, I feel I have set the new habit of veggies more consistently
This was my superbowl dinner tonight, some natural chicken nuggets, 2 cups of broccoli and a little over a cup of sweet potatoes with cayenne pepper. So many veggies! and now I'm super full!

Guess it's time for the February challenge to begin. Actually, it began yesterday: No unhealthy desserts. I was kind of mad it had to start yesterday because one of my patients brought me homemade carrot cake cupcakes on Friday and they were delicious! However, there are still 4 left and I cant eat them :( maybe I'll try freezing them. It was VERY tempting to eat some yesterday and just start my challenge a day late, but I made a commitment to myself and I am determined to keep it. So far so good. I have so far switched out my unhealthy dessert choices for healthier ones like taking the little greek yogurt cups and freezing them to have greek froyo, and even making my resees cup protein pudding which tastes so sinful that it should be considered unhealthy even though its not. Only 26 more days left of the challenge and I'm excited to learn some dessert self control and taking the next step to a healthier, new me :)

No comments:

Post a Comment