Monday, January 13, 2014

Sweet Potato Vegetable Scramble

Mmmmmm is all I have to say about this dish. I'm actually surprised I hadnt already posted on here because I make this fairly often. Its full of veggies and yummy goodness :) I made double this recipe today so that I would have leftovers for work this week and I'm looking forward to it :)

Ingredients:

  • 1/2 large sweet potato, diced
  • 1/2 medium red onion, diced 
  • 1 pepper, diced (any color)
  • 1/2 zucchini, diced
  • 1/2 yellow squash, diced
  • 2 eggs
  • salt and pepper, to taste
  • EVOO for the pan

Directions:

  • Heat the oil in the pan over medium high and add the diced sweet potatoes. Let the potatoes cook while you cut up the rest of the vegetables. (I let them cook for a little while alone even after I have the other veggies cut up because they take a while to cook)
  • Add the onions next, followed by the zucchini and squash
  • Stir and cook until the veggies are almost done and then crack the eggs over the top and stir up letting the veggies get covered with the raw eggs. 
  • Continue cooking until the eggs are completely cooked.
  • Add salt and pepper to taste

2 comments:

  1. Yum! Sounds good! Maybe try softening the potato in the microwave first? Then dice it and fry it?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I dont know why that wouldnt work, Ive never tried it before. I usually dice my potatoes small enough so that by the time I get the other veggies cut up the potato is starting to get a little soft.

      Delete