Sunday, January 5, 2014

Nut Pulp Pancakes

I made homemade cashew pecan milk last night and I didn't want to waste the pulp that was leftover. I've been searching for recipes that use leftover pulp from juicing and making nut milk and people have a lot of different ideas. I couldnt exactly find the nutritional information of nut pulp. I know that juice pulp is basically just fiber, which is why it is good to add it to different things, but nut pulp...I'm not so sure. Either way, didn't want to waste it. So here are some nut pulp pancakes that I made this morning for breakfast. They were quite filling I might add :)

Nut Pulp Pancakes

Ingredients:
  • 1/2 cup nut pulp ( I used the pulp from my homemade cashew pecan milk)
  • 1 egg
  • 1/4 tsp salt
  • 1/4 tsp baking soda
  • 1/2 tsp cinnamon
  • 1/2 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
  • 1/2 tsp vanilla
  • 1/2 cup whole wheat flour (I actually did almost 1/2 cup and then topped the 1/2 cup off with ground flax seed)
  • 1/2 cup liquid (I used half milk and half water)
                                                           Directions:
  • Mix all the ingredients together. This makes a fairly thick batter so you may choose to add more liquid to thin it out, your choice. 
  • Spoon onto a hot, greased skillet/griddle
  • Cook like pancakes, except you wont see the bubbles to flip so just flip when you start seeing the edges get done. The pancakes should be golden brown.
  • Serve with pure maple syrup and enjoy :)


    Note: This recipe makes approximately 3 pancakes and they are very dense. They are not going to be like fluffy pancakes. But either way, they taste pretty good :)

No comments:

Post a Comment