Nut Pulp PancakesIngredients:
- 1/2 cup nut pulp ( I used the pulp from my homemade cashew pecan milk)
- 1 egg
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1/4 tsp baking soda
- 1/2 tsp cinnamon
- 1/2 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- 1/2 tsp vanilla
- 1/2 cup whole wheat flour (I actually did almost 1/2 cup and then topped the 1/2 cup off with ground flax seed)
- 1/2 cup liquid (I used half milk and half water)
- Mix all the ingredients together. This makes a fairly thick batter so you may choose to add more liquid to thin it out, your choice.
- Spoon onto a hot, greased skillet/griddle
- Cook like pancakes, except you wont see the bubbles to flip so just flip when you start seeing the edges get done. The pancakes should be golden brown.
- Serve with pure maple syrup and enjoy :)
Note: This recipe makes approximately 3 pancakes and they are very dense. They are not going to be like fluffy pancakes. But either way, they taste pretty good :)