Saturday, January 4, 2014

Homemade Cashew Pecan Milk

The original plan was to make homemade almond milk with our new juicer. I opened the cupboard and low and behold...there were no more almonds left. All we had were cashews and pecans. So I decided to improvise and try to make a mixed nut milk. DUDE! It was frickin awesome! Forget almond milk, I'm making this stuff from now on! Hope you guys enjoy it as much as I did!

I'm going to put the recipe down that I actually made because I don't like milk in general, so if I'm actually going to drink it, it needs to be a little sweeter. So if you don't need the sweet (although mine isnt all that sweet how I made it and liked it) but you can just do the cashews, pecans and water and forget the rest that I put in :)

Ingredients:
  • 1 cup cashews
  • 1 cup pecans 
  • (I also had like half a handful of some slivered almonds I found but it wasnt very much)
  • About 2 cups cold filtered water, you may need more or less
  • Optional Ingredients
    • 1 pear, cut into chunks
    • 1/4 tsp vanilla
    • 1 packet stevia
Directions:
  • soak the nuts in 4 cups of water overnight, at least 8-12 hours
  • drain and rinse the nuts
  • add the nuts to the juicer shoot and slowly pour in the cold water, you will see the milk coming out of the spout as you add the water
  • If you dont want your milk sweet, STOP HERE, if you want to make it amazingly like I did, keep going
  • Add the pear chunks to the juicer and let it add to the milk
  • Stir in the vanilla and stevia and ENJOY!



If you want a REAL TREAT, I experimented yet again and was very very pleasantly surprised. Mix equal parts of the milk you just made with equal part  green juice. I made the green juice yesterday and had some leftover so decided to mix them together and BAM! complete awesomeness and very filling :)

No comments:

Post a Comment