Wednesday, April 17, 2013

Whole Wheat Greek Yogurt Chocolate Chip Pancakes

Talk about bangin. Thats what I told Raymond these pancakes were haha. He asked me if they broke anything(from their banging) and I told him my tastebuds haha. These pancakes seriously were delicious, and beyond easy and quick to make. For some reason, this morning I really wanted some pancakes. I dont usually take the time to make them during the week because Im in more of a hurry. Today I dont have class until 1 so I took the time to pleasure my taste buds...with healthy pancakes!(well...healthier haha) Raymond is down at his base for the week finishing his checkout with the Navy, so its just me here with the pup. I only made half a batch of these so I wouldnt have a ton extra. It was really hard not to eat the rest of them up haha but I made them up and put them in the fridge, so Ill see how they taste leftover. Because these pancakes use greek yogurt, they actually are seeming to keep me full.(Normally I cant eat pancakes by themselves because then Im hungry 20 minutes later) We will see how hungry I am later. Next time I might try adding some protein powder to the mix and see how that tastes :)

Whole Wheat Greek Yogurt Chocolate Chip Pancakes

Ingredients
  • 1 1/2 cups plain non-fat greek yogurt(I used Fage)
  • 2 eggs(not sure if it will work with flax eggs but that might be an experiment later)
  • 1 teaspoon vanilla
  • 1/3 cup water
  • 1 cup whole wheat flour
  • 1 tablespoon sugar
  • 2 teaspoons baking soda
  • 1/4 cup dark chocolate chips
  • 1/4 cup carob nibs
Directions
  • Combine all wet ingredients in one bowl, and all dry ingredients to another(minus choc chips)
  • Add dry to wet and mix until combined
  • Stir in chocolate chips and cacao nibs
  • Cook on a preheated, greased griddle until golden brown on both sides
  • Serve with maple or pancake syrup or just eat plain or with peanut butter or jam
**NOTE: These pancakes tend to not form bubbles when cooking so just check the bottom and flip when golden. They also tend to be a little flatter than normal pancakes, almost more like a french crepe.You can also use the base of the mix and add other things in place of chocolate chips(blueberries, bananas, peanut butter, strawberries, whatever your liking) or you could not add anything at all. Either way, I think you will be please :)

No comments:

Post a Comment