Wednesday, April 17, 2013

Raw Chocolate 'Cheesecake'

I was avoiding studying, so as usual, I turn to all my recipes I want to try :) I decided to try a recipe for Raw Cheesecake that I found on The Detoxinista. I only did have a batch(aka a thin cheesecake) but I really wish I would have just made the whole thing. I didnt have enough nuts left otherwise I would have made up some more. Must go shopping haha. Anyways, this is sooooo good. It has to freeze overnight to set, so I couldnt actually eat it now, but I couldnt stop licking the excess batter. I swear, you HAVE to try this. Simply amazing. Ive never been able to successfully make a normal cheesecake for some reason, so this is perfect for me and it tastes just as good if not better and is definitely more healthy :)

Raw Chocolate 'Cheesecake'

Detoxinista's Raw Chocolate CheesecakeIngredients
  • For the Crust
    • 2 cups raw pecans
    • 2 tbsp coconut oil
    • 1/4 cup cocoa powder
    • 1/4 cup maple syrup
    • 1/8 tsp salt
  •  For the Filling
    •  2 cups raw cashews(not soaked)
    • 1 cup peeled and diced zucchini
    • 1/2 cup cocoa powder
    • 1/2 cup maple syrup
    • 1 tbsp vanilla extract
    • 1/4 tsp salt
    • 1/4 cup coconut oil, melted
Directions
  • Crust
    • In a food processor, blend the pecans up until a fine meal forms. Add the remaining ingredients and blend until well combined.
    • Press mixture into an 8inch springfoam pan and place in freezer to set while making the filling
  • Filling
    • In a food processor, blend the cashews until a very fine meal forms. Add the remaining ingredients(minus the coconut oil) and blend until a creamy batter forms. Then add the melted coconut oil and blend until combined. 
    • Pour into the crust pan and place in freezer to set for at least 8 hours
    • Serve straight from the freezer for the best consistency

No comments:

Post a Comment