Thursday, April 18, 2013

Leg and Ab Burnout

I skipped out on the spin class this morning because Ray is coming back this afternoon and we're going to take one together this evening...o boy, his first spin class, he's in for a treat muahahaha :) Anyways, I tend to naturally get up at like 530 now because I do it so often, and because the dog starts whining to go out around that time lol. So I decided that I would make the most of the morning and do a leg workout at the gym, so my legs are probably gonna hate me during spin tonight but it will be worth it :) To keep up with this weeks theme of lower weight, more reps workouts, I designed legs to be the same. I originally planned it to be 3 sets of each superset to failure and then after the first 4 pairs of exercises took an hour in itself I did the last 4 groups only 2 sets and next time will only do 2 sets of everything. I dont really like to workout longer than an hour at a time because I believe that after an hour, your body just isnt able to give its all anymore and its kind of pointless to keep working out. There's only a choice few workouts I do that I allow to be more than an hour and they are done only once or twice a month if that much. I think its fine to do two workouts a day, but not a marathon workout session.
Anyways, here's the workout, its done as supersets, alternating between the two exercises and repeating twice for each pair, and each exercise is done max reps.

Leg and Ab Burnout

*Superset the pairs of exercises, alternating back and forth between the two and repeating once for each pair.
*Max reps-however, if you can do more than 25 reps of an exercise, add weight. Less reps is fine, but more than 25 is overkill for this. Challenge yourself though, some of the exericses I was only able to do 8-10 reps whereas there were others I could do 20-25. Pick what works for you
  • Squats with barbell
    • Plank
  • Lunges with dumbbells 
    • V-ups
  • Plie deep squats with one dumbbell held in the middle 
    • Side V-ups(max on each side)
  • Stepups  
    • Deadbugs
  • Straight leg deadlifts 
    • Sidebends with weight(max on each side)
  • Single leg bench sit/squats 
    • Double crunches
  • Swissball hamstring curls 
    • Situps on swissball
  • Clamshells 
    • Straight leg raise with hip raise
  • Max calf raises x1

No comments:

Post a Comment