Saturday, April 6, 2013

15 Bean Quinoa Baked Croquettes

Whats a croquette you ask? My dinner last night...thats about all I know haha. But they were yummy. It was the last recipe to end my day of cooking and I was pretty pleased with how they tasted.

15 Bean Quinoa Baked Croquettes

Ingredients
  • 1/2 cup 15 bean soup mix
  • 1/2 cup quinoa, cooked
  • 1 tbsp Olive oil
  • 2 tsp of Italian seasoning
  • A little less than 2/3 cup of italian bread crumbs
  • salt and pepper to taste
Directions
  • Start by soaking the beans in water overnight(or at least 6 hours)
  • Next, you still have to COOK the beans and it takes around an hour or so until they start getting mushy(you want mushy) and make sure you keep checking that they have enough water on them
  • Meanwhile, you can go ahead and cook up the quinoa and set it aside, as well as start preheating the oven to 375
  • Once everything is done cooking, mash up those beans with a potato masher, add the rest of the ingredients and mix together. Make sure the mixture is wet enough to really hold together. (when I made them, I THOUGHT they were wet enough, but when I flipped them in the oven, some of them started to fall apart a little)
  • Form into hamburger patty shapes
  • Bake on a greased baking sheet(dont use a cookie sheet, they will slide right off-trust me, experienced haha) bake for 20 mins and then flip them over and continue cooking another 20 mins
  • You can serve them as an additive to your main meal, have them as a snack, eat them plain, put something on them, however youd like

No comments:

Post a Comment