Sunday, April 7, 2013

Total Arm Toner

Tonight I did a few things different from how I normally do workouts. One: I worked my whole upper body in one workout when I usually split them among days and do 2 muscles groups a day max. And Two: I did 15 reps an exercise where when I do actual weights I usually do a max of 10 reps. So this was a nice change from normal but I am DEFINITELY feeling it. I kept forgetting I was doing 15 reps and was picking weights that I normally used for 8-10 reps and by 15 I could barely lift it because 10 was hard haha. I had a client after I did this and I had to apologize cause my arms kept shaking during the assessment, especially when I was taking blood pressure haha. Oh! and I almost DIED on the way to work...serious. I almost got hit by a car on my bike. My heart was racing and my whole body shaking the rest of my ride there, but by the time I got there I was ready to hit it hard, although I was still a little nervous biking home. Definitely think I might actually get a helmet(Ive always refused to wear one, bad, I know). But anyways, enough about my near death experience haha. Here's the workout!

Total Arm Toner
-15 reps of each exercise
-each set is repeated once for a total of two times through each group

Set 1
  • Pushups
  • Tricep pushups
  • Pullups
  • Chin-ups
  • Shoulder press
  • Repeat 
Set 2
  • Single arm DB chest press
  • Tricep kickbacks
  • Rows
  • Bicep curls
  • Lateral raises
  • Repeat 
Set 3
  • Decline bench
  • Tricep dips
  • Bent over T's(bend over with torso parallel with floor, hold weights with thumbs pointing to the ceiling and raise up to make a T shape with your arms/torso)
    • Video: the guy doesnt have his thumbs to the ceiling so it works a slightly different muscle but it shows the general motion
  • Hammer curls
  • Halos(grab a plate(I used 25#) and circle your head with the weight keeping it as close to your face/ears/back of head as possible)
    • This video the girl uses a kettle bell which can be used as well, but its the same motion
  • Repeat



No comments:

Post a Comment