Thursday, March 21, 2013

PBB Toast

I took a spinning class this morning at 6am like always(which was rather difficult this morning after all the plyometrics I did yesterday), and when I left to bike home, it was SNOWING! really? Im not one that loves the heat, but Im really starting to get sick of all this cold weather. Would be nice not to have to wear ten thousand layers to bike to class and still freeze haha. But anyways, I woke up this morning still not being able to open my mouth that much but I couldnt resist. This is one of my favorite things for breakfast, along with my coconut mango overnight oatmeal. But I have to admit, it was a little difficult/painful to eat this morning.

Peanut Butter Banana Toast

Ingredients
  • Natural Peanut butter
  • Banana
  • Whole Wheat Bread
  • Honey
Directions
  • Toast your bread, I like mine to be pretty crispy so that when I add all the bananas it doesnt fall over. So I use homemade wheat bread I made.
  • While the bread is toasting, prepare your banana
    • Peel the banana(unless youre a weirdo and really want to eat the peeling haha)
    • Slice-if you want the whole banana on your bread, you may need to make wider slices, if you dont care, then make them as thick or thin as you like
  • Your toast pops up, spread with as much or as little peanut butter as you like
    • natural PB is better to use because it usually doesnt get too runny when it hits the warm bread
  • Apply your bananas
  • Drizzle with honey
  • Devour!
To me this is the perfect breakfast, you get your complex carbs from the bread with lots of healthy whole grains, your protein from the PB and the antioxidants from the honey. Plus it keeps you full. Even after a heavy morning workout, this is usually enough to keep me tidied until lunch, with maybe a small snack like some nuts in between. :)



No comments:

Post a Comment