Wednesday, March 20, 2013

Green Machine Smoothie(Coconut Mango Style)

I think I need to get my wisdom teeth taken out, my jaw has been killing me and this morning I woke up not really being able to open my mouth that wide so eating was hard. But after a hard workout, you gotta get good fuel in too. So comes my green machine smoothie :) delicious, healthy and full of good stuff, just what I needed. Now these can be made with any kind of fruit really. I like to use strawberries, blueberries, pineapple, bananas and today I used mango. So todays Green Smoothie is Coconut Mango.

Green Smoothie with Coconut and Mango
1/2 banana
1/2 mango
2 tsp coconut, shredded
1/2 cup coconut milk
1-2 tsp honey(only if you want it sweeter)
1/2 other milk, water, or juice(I used a mango peach V8 juice)
1/2 cup plain greek yogurt(I like Fage)
1-2 tbsp chia seeds
1 scoop vanilla protein powder
lots and lots of spinach(around 2 big handfuls)

Blend all together and add more liquid if needed (I usually start out with less liquid and then only add more if its needed) and then either chill to make colder or enjoy then :)

**Note: I didnt actually measure what I put into this smoothie so add more or less of things according to your liking and how thick you want it to be :)

No comments:

Post a Comment