Monday, March 25, 2013

Microwavable Single Serve Carrot Cake

I have a sweet tooth, and Raymond knows it. But I've been trying to be healthier about it, but after I found this recipe by chocolate-covered katie, I couldnt help but try it. I tweaked it some and it turned out absolutely amazing. I swear, soooooo gooooood. And talk about big! After I ate it, I realized that half the recipe would have been PLENTY! This may just be one of my new favorite recipes :))

mini carrot cake
(what it looks like if you try to make it look pretty)
For the Cake:
  • 1/4 cup whole wheat flour
  • 1/2 tsp cinnamon
  • Dash of nutmeg
  • Dash of ginger
  • 1/4 tsp baking powder
  • 1/8 tsp baking soda
  • 1/8 tsp salt
  • 1/2 flax egg(0.5 tbsp ground flax mixed with 1.5 tbsp water)
  • 1.5 tbsp brown sugar
  • 1 packet stevia
  • 1/4 pumpkin puree
  • 1 tbsp milk
  • 1 tbsp coconut oil
  • (what it will probably look like)
  • 1/4 tsp pure vanilla extract
For the Frosting(if you want it):
  • 1 tbsp cream cheese
  • 1.5 tbsp powdered sugar
  • Milk(just enough to give it the frosting like consistency)
Directions:
  • Mix all ingredients in a bowl and then microwave for about 2.5 minutes
  • As it is cooking, mix the frosting ingredients in a small bowl(you can make as much as you want really)
  • Let the cake cool for like 3.5 seconds and top with frosting before you devour it all
I ate this while it was still hot and it was absolutely amazing and filling. But Im sure it would be equally as good when it is cold. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment