Wednesday, March 27, 2013

Easy 'Cheesy' Vegan Crackers

nom nom nom nom nom haha. I was procrastinating studying(as usual) but really wanted some crackers and had a recipe I wanted to try. These crackers seriously are sooooo easy to make! And you would never guess that there's actually no cheese in them. They get their cheesy flavor from nutritional yeast(this is the first time Ive ever used it). Click here to find more about nutritional yeast. I only made a half a batch because I wasnt sure if I would like them or not, but I did, they were sooo good. I think next time I might try adding some seeds or something to them as well :) But anyways, here's the recipe and I will be posting a workout tonight after I do it :)

Easy 'Cheesy' Vegan Crackers

Ingredients
  • 1 1/4 cup whole wheat flour
  • 1/3 cup nutritional yeast
  • 1/2 tsp salt
  • 1/4 cup extra virgin olive oil
  • 4 tbsp water(lukewarm) (plus a little more if you need it to form the dough)
  • Optional: dash of garlic powder, dash of onion powder, dash of anything really haha
Directions
  • Mix all the dry ingredients
  • Add oil and water and mix until a dough ball forms
  • Knead it a little
  • You can refridgerate it a little to cool it down if you want(I didnt, but I think next time I will)
  • On a floured surface, roll out the dough to 1/8" thick
  • Cut into any shape you'd like(mine kind of broke apart cause I didnt add quite enough water)
  • Place on a silicone baking sheet(silpat)
  • Bake at 350 degrees for approximately 20 minutes, a little longer if you want them even crispier, or if your crackers at thick
  • Take out of the oven, let cool, and store in an airtight container

No comments:

Post a Comment