Sunday, March 10, 2013

Homemade Apple Cider Vinaigrette



I dont know if youve ever been to Maggianos, but they have this spinach salad that has its own apple cider vinaigrette. Well, I fell in love and I HAD to find the recipe. Im serious when I say that this is the ONLY dressing I will EVER eat again! Its amazing! I put the dressing in an old dressing container so that I could keep it in the fridge. This is the recipe and trust me, its so easy. As for the vegetable oil it calls for, I made it this way the first time, but I just made it with half vegetable, half olive oils and it seems to be just fine. Next time I make it I will try with olive oil alone.


Apple Cider Vinaigrette
1/3 Cup Vinegar, Apple Cider
1/4 Cup Vinegar, Red Wine
1/4 Cup Sugar, Granulated
2 Tbsp Mustard, Dijon
1 tsp Roasted Garlic, minced
Pinch of Salte & Pepper
1 Cup Vegetable Oil

1. In a small sauce pan reduce apple cider vinegar, red wine vinegar and sugar in sauce pot and bring up to a boil and allow mixture to reduce by half on medium heat for approximately 5-10 minutes. Pour vinegar reduction into small container.
2. Combine vinegar reduction with dijon mustard, roasted garlic, salt and pepper, and using a mixer, slowly drizzle in vegetable oil to emulsify.



Along with the best salad ever:
Spinach
Diced red and yellow peppers
Real bacon bits( I know, its not very healthy, but
its worth it on this salad)
Pine nuts
Feta Cheese
Apple Cider Vinaigrette

Combine all ingredients and ENJOY!

No comments:

Post a Comment