Sunday, March 10, 2013

Homemade Almond Joy Coffee Creamer

As part of my challenge to have no processed foods, I had to figure out how to make my coffee sweet enough to drink, and normally, I would put coffee creamer and splenda in it, but have you SEEN the ingredients on that coffee creamer bottle!?? yea, wayy too processed for me. So began the search for a homemade coffee creamer and alas I found it. I made it this morning to put in my breakfast coffee, I still added one splenda(normally I have to have 2) but its definitely a start. So here's the recipe:

Almond Joy Coffee Creamer(Dairy Free)

Ingredients:
1 cup coconut milk(in the can)
1 1/2 tbsp cocoa powder(I used dark chocolate cocoa powder)
1/2 tsp almond extract
Date paste: 1/2 cup pitted dates processed together with 1/2 cup hot water (use the whole amount of paste that results from this)
Agave syrup or splenda to taste

Directions:
Heat coconut milk and cocoa powder on medium heat, whisking until milk begins to steam
Remove from heat and whisk in extract, date paste (and sweetener if you choose)
Strain with a mesh sieve
Can store in fridge for 1 week (if you have any left after a week, its good stuff :)

Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment