Sunday, March 16, 2014

Mango Bran Muffins

I made these last week and thought I had posted the recipe but apparently forgot to. And since I thought I had posted it, I already deleted the pictures I took of the muffins but they were pretty! haha They tasted yummy too! They arent really sweet which I like but I do suggest after putting them in an airtight container or bag you place them in the fridge as 6 days later, the 3 muffins I still had left were starting to get moldy. Either way, they may not last that long.

Mango Bran Muffins

Ingredients:

Wet Ingredients:
  • 1 mango, chopped
  • 1/4 cup coconut oil, melted
  • 1/4 cup liquid egg whites
  • 1/4 cup agave nectar
  • 3/4 cup almond milk, unsweetened
Dry Ingredients:
  • 2 scoops whey protein powder (I used Cellucor Cinnamon Swirl)
  • 1 1/2 cups wheat bran
  • 1/2 cup oat flour
  • 3 1/2 tsp baking powder (yes, really that much)
Directions
  1. Preheat oven to 375 degrees F.
  2. Combine Wet Ingredients EXCEPT coconut oil in a bowl and mix.
  3. In another bowl combine and mix all dry ingredients with a whisk or fork. Add Dry Ingredients to the bowl with Wet Ingredients and mix enough to combine.
  4. Add coconut oil and give it another gentle stir.
  5. Spray regular 12 muffin tins with cooking spray. Pour mixture into muffin pan, filling each cup full. 
  6. Bake for 20 minutes.


No comments:

Post a Comment