Saturday, April 20, 2013

Vegetable Lasagna

Ray and I came home to my mom's house this weekend and today we have been go go go. No workout today but for dinner I made a yummy veggie lasagna. Actually, I added shredded chicken to mine, but thats really up to you if you want that or not. Raymond is making an apple pie right now, so I guess I will be posting some more amazingness later on :)

Vegetable Lasagna

Ingredients
  • 1 cup zucchini, sliced
  • 1 cup yellow squash, sliced
  • 1 cup mix of yellow and red peppers, sliced
  • ½ onion, chopped
  • 2 gloves garlic, minced
  • 1 tablespoon olive oil
  • 1 cup ricotta cheese, I used low-fat
  • 1 egg
  • 2 cups fresh spinach, chopped
  • 2 cups tomato or pasta sauce
  • 12 cooked whole wheat lasagna noodles
  • 1 cup reduced-fat mozzarella cheese, shredded
  • 1 cup shredded cooked chicken, optional
Directions
  • Preheat oven to 375
  • In a heated skillet, saute the garlic, onion and veggies in the olive oil. (I just sauteed them while I was preparing everything else, you mainly just want to start the cooking process before baking)
  •  In a medium bowl, mix the ricotta, egg, and spinach
  • Spread 1/2 of the ricotta mixture on the lasagna noodles. Layer on 1/2 of the veggies. Sprinkle half of the chicken if you want it. Spread 1/3 of the sauce over top. Add another layer of noodles and repeat. Add the last layer and top with the remaining 1/3 of the sauce and top with mozzarella cheese.
  • Bake for 40-45 minutes or until the cheese starts to brown


One of our pups just chillin watching the tv haha. The other one was sleeping on Rays lap as you can kind of see. They are so spoiled.

No comments:

Post a Comment