Monday, April 15, 2013

Burpee Plankout

This past weekend I had to work both days up in the hospital. So after being on my feet walking around treating patients all day, by the time I got home I was exhausted and working out was not about to happen haha. I wrote this workout last week but today is when I finally got test it out and boy was I happy. Well, actually, I hated it, but it was a great workout and I definitely want to do it again and try and beat my time. It took me exactly 18.5 minutes to do the workout, which I KNOW I can do faster when I havent just had a 3 day break, but either way, GREAT workout. I added one set of supersetted exercises after the burpees and planks which is optional but I liked it. Basically, you start with 10 burpees and a 10 second plank, each successive round you drop one burpee and add 10 sec to your plank until  you get to 5 burpees/60sec plank, and then you go back up to 10 burpees/10 sec plank.  Anyways, here is the workout!

Burpee Plankout

For the burpees, do a pushup every other burpee, or for an added challenge do one each time
Try and go into the plank directly after the burpees, within 10 seconds. The less rest the better.


  • 10 burpees
  • 10 sec plank
  • 9 burpees
  • 20 sec plank
  • 8 burpees
  • 30 sec plank
  • 7 burpees
  • 40 sec plank
  • 6 burpees
  • 50 sec plank
  • 5 burpees
  • 1 min plank
  • 6 burpees
  • 50 sec plank
  • 7 burpees
  • 40 sec plank
  • 8 burpees
  • 30 sec plank
  • 9 burpees
  • 20 sec plank
  • 10 burpees
  • 10 sec plank
You can stop your workout here and be finished, or you can add on these supersetted exercises.
3x10 alternating between the two:
  • Pullups
  • Squats with push press

No comments:

Post a Comment