Monday, April 8, 2013

Ab HIIT


My legs still hurt, my arms still hurt....from the past few workouts that is. So today I decided to make it an abs day. I could definitely tell my arms were still really tired from last night, the mountain climbers and planks were rough, but not on my abs, on my shoulders holding me up haha. Anyways, this workout is done HIIT style. 50 seconds of work, 10 seconds of rest. I use the tabata timer on my phone to time me so Im not having to look at my watch and whatnot. Here goes:

Ab HIIT

  • High knees
  • Sumo squat
    • hands behind your head, elbows out, squat and then bring on knee up to meet the same side elbow really focusing on firing your obliques
  • Mountain climber pendulum
    • mountain climbers but your legs are making a semi-circle pattern on the ground going from one side mountain climbing and climbing all the way around to the other side
  • Straight leg raise + toe touch
  • Bicycle crunches
  • Diagonal burpees
    • burpees with your legs jumping out to the side vs straight back
  • Crazy crab dance
    • crab position(on hands and feet with stomach facing up) touch your right hand to your left foot, and alternate
    • Skip to 1:30 to see this woman show you
  • Side plank hip lift right
  • Side plank hip lift left
  • Burpees
  • Repeat 2-3x

No comments:

Post a Comment