Friday, March 7, 2014

Overnight Apple Cinnamon Oatmeal Bake



For my meal prep of 15 Crockpot Freezer Meals, I also got the stuff to make overnight oatmeal. Soooo yummy and so easy to make. I loved this oatmeal because it's not overly sweet. It was nice to just put it in the oven while I got ready for school/work and then could eat it before I left. Raymond really liked it as well and we actually have some leftovers....but not for long haha.  I will definitely be making this often and might try some different flavor combos.

Overnight oatmeal bake

Ingredients
  • 2 eggs, lightly beaten
  • 1/4 cup pure maple syrup or honey
  • 1.5 tsp cinnamon
  • 1 tsp vanilla
  • 1 tsp baking powder
  • 1/4 cup melted butter or coconut oil
  • 1/2 cup unsweetened applesauce
  • 1 small apple, grated (fine to leave skin on)
  • 1 1/4 cups milk (I used a combo of some half and half I had plus unsweetened almond milk)
  • 3 cups old-fashioned oats
  • 1/3 cup brown sugar, for topping
 Directions: 

  • Combine all ingredients except the oats and brown sugar in a large bowl. Add oats and mix well.
  • Transfer mixture to a grease 9x9in or 9in pie plate baking dish. 
  • Cover and refrigerate overnight.
  • When ready to bake, preheat oven to 375 deg.
  • Uncover the oatmeal and bake for 27-30 minutes or until just firm in the center. 
  • Remove oatmeal from oven, set oven to broil, and sprinkle brown sugar over top of oatmeal. Broil for a minute, watching very closely, or until the topping is lightly browned.
  • Eat up that yummy goodness :)

No comments:

Post a Comment