Wednesday, April 3, 2013

Almond Joy Oatmeal

Its been a while since Ive posted anything. After getting my wisdom teeth out Friday morning I was pretty much knocked out the next few days and couldnt eat too much 'real' food or do any workouts :( still cant hardcore workout yet but that will change after my big tests are done this week. But anyways, here's a favorite of mine for breakfast(I was actually able to eat it this morning! :)) Like most oatmeals, I dont really measure anything so just play around with it until you find your perfect combination :)

Almond Joy Oatmeal

1/2 cup oatmeal
1/2 cup milk
1/2 tbsp chia seeds
1 tsp flax seeds
1 tsp vanilla
Coconut, sliced almonds and dark chocolate chips for topping

Combine oatmeal and milk in a bowl and microwave about 90 seconds(more of less depending on how soupy you want your oatmeal, you can also add more or less milk and/or oats)
When its done cooking, add in the remaining ingredients, stir, and enjoy :)






Oh, and did I mention that we added a new member to our family? Meet our new puppy, Ranger :) All cuddled up with Sadiebug


No comments:

Post a Comment