Vegan Apple Crisp
- 3 medium apple-peeled and sliced (we used fugi apples and around 2 cups)
- 1/4 cup maple syrup(if you dont like the taste of maple syrup you can try another sweetener)
- 1 Tbsp. whole wheat flour
- 1 tsp. lemon juice
- 1/2 tsp. cinnamon
- pinch of nutmeg
- 1/2 cup rolled oats
- 1/4 cup whole wheat flour
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 3 Tbsp. coconut oil, plus more for the pan
- 1/2 tsp. vanilla
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Grease a small baking dish with coconut oil to coat pan(I used just a round cake pan)
- Slice the apples ~1/4 inch thick. In a mixing bowl, combine the apples with maple syrup, 1 Tbsp. flour, lemon juice cinnamon and nutmeg. Toss thoroughly and then transfer this mixture to the baking dish.
- In another bowl add the oats, 1/4 cup flour, sugar, coconut oil and vanilla. Mix until it forms a crumble. Spoon this on top of the apple mixture.
- Bake for 25-35 minutes, until the top is a bit browned.
- Demolish shamelessly haha
Carmel Apple Crisp
Crust and Topping
- 1 c. oats
- 1/3 c. all-purpose flour
- 1/3 c. brown sugar (not packed)
- 1/4 c. butter, melted (I want to try w/ coconut oil)
- 2 c. peeled apple slices
- 1 T. all-purpose flour
- 1 T. granulated sugar
- 1/2 tsp. ground cinnamon
- 1/4 tsp. ground nutmeg
- 1/4 tsp. ground ginger
- carmel sauce for drizzling
- Preheat oven to 350 F.
- Line an 8×8-inch pan with parchment paper(we used a springfoam pan), leaving a little overhang. Lightly grease parchment paper with nonstick cooking spray; set pan aside.
- In a large bowl, stir together oats, flour, brown sugar, and butter until combined.
- Scoop out 1 ½-cups of the oat mixture and press into prepared pan.
- Bake crust for 10 minutes.
- While crust is baking, stir together apple slices, flour, sugar, and spices.
- Once crust has baked, pour apples over crust.
- Drizzle caramel sauce over apples.(you can put a lot or a little, in my opinion it doesnt even need it at all if you dont want)
- Sprinkle remaining crumb mixture over apples.
- Bake for 30-40 minutes, or until crumbs are lightly golden brown and apples are soft.
- Drizzle with extra caramel sauce, if desired, and serve warm.